Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Reality is Better than your Dreams

Life is unpredictable and most of the time just plain hard, but there is a God who has promised to be there with us through all of it. God sent his only son to this world just to experience our reality and make it so we could have a relationship with him. I have to point out the word relationship because that is the only thing that I have with God. I have a church I like, I have Young Life that I lead but the only thing I really care full heartily about is my relationship with Jesus Christ. I am far from perfect when it comes to the Bible or Church but what I do know and want to share is my personal, one-on-one relationship with Jesus. I am a Young Life Leader in Colorado and in our Anchor Point (Campaigners for those of you fellow YL out there) and I want this to be a place for our area to come and learn about the wonderful and hard journey in my relationship with Christ.
One of the best pictures I have ever been given of what your relationship with Christ starts with a dinner table. We have all been there; to busy to sit at the table, can't find time to have dinner with family or friends but it is something we want to do. Sometimes our relationship with personal relationship with Christ is the same; we want to be spending time with him but we are just so busy and don't know if he will fit in our schedules. But when are running around and putting our relationship on the side burner, he is still sitting at the table just patiently waiting for us. We are off running around or our chair is simiply turned away from the table. But our God is waiting for us to turn our chairs and join him on our own journey. And the nice thing is no matter how many times we mess up and turn our chairs he is still there with on your journey. The moment that we decide to turn our chairs is the moment our Reality becomes better than any Dream. "When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment