Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Shower Invitations!

Jody is having another baby girl! I am honored once again to be throwing her a baby shower! Which actually I didn't even give her a choice I called her and said "So when can I throw you a baby shower?" So here I am with the shower being this Sunday!

I wanted to share what I have done already... so here you go! I will update all of my projects, decorating and recipes Sunday evening :)

Here are the invitations... Hand made of course!

I used Brown, Light Purple & Light Pink Scrapbook Paper (purchased from Hobby Lobby. Then I used a clear paper (vellum paper) with small white Flowers on it. I then used Microsoft Word to create the invitation wording and printed it out on the vellum paper with brown ink.

I brown, purple & pink paper came 12" x 12" so I cut the brown paper to be 6" x 6". I then cut the purple and pink paper to 4" x 5.5". From there I glued one purple paper to the brown vertically and then glued the pink paper on top of the purple horizontally. Then I took the cut printed invitation laid it on top and then safety pinned it on the top left corner!

With the wooden "K" I used a hot glue gun to attach the safety pin to it. I cut ribbon to go around the invitation but I left room because I used a safety pin to attach the ribbon in the back! Then I just attached the "K" to the ribbon!

On the invitation I asked everyone to take the "K" and decorate it. Then I included a little pre-stamped envelope for them to mail back to me. I thought this was a way for the out of towners to still feel included! I will post pictures once I get them all back!

Then all that was left was to address the envelopes (thank you my lovely boyfriend) and mail them out! I did use a $.61 stamp just in case.

So after I made the invitations I came up with a theme for the shower... the letter "K" and safety pins!

If you have any questions or need ideas for you invitations please don't hesitate to ask! Heck if you want me to do invitations for you just let me know! I would more than happy too!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Jess! Can't wait to see more :) Thanks for throwing baby Kinley a shower celebrating/anticipating her arrival!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! great invites Jess. Let's be blog friends, okay? (since we get to see each other about one every 5 years...)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete